Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Long Weekend

Well, here it is. My eighth wedding anniversary. It wasn't easy, getting here, but we did it. I am not sure that making it through the weekend was any easier...

Friday was fun. My mom and Lance took the kids overnight so that Trevor and I could go on a date. We went to Famous Dave's. It was so yummy. We then went to Old Navy and got me a new pair of flip flops for my present. It is funny that he hates when I wear them, but that is what he wants to buy me for a gift. We rented a movie from Redbox and went home to watch it. Pretty much a cheap, but fun date.

Saturday, we got up and did some cleaning, then headed up to my mom's to relieve her. They were just hanging out, having lunch when we got there, and Andruw had been hanging out with the neighbor boy, Gabe. I am not sure what it is about kids, but they are not nice to each other at all, but they want to play together, and insist that they are friends. I don't think that I would like it if my friend said that I couldn't do something because I am an idiot, but hey, apparently that is the way that they roll.

Sunday was awesome! We went up to Logan to my grandma's, and had a good time playing games and eating yummy food. Shane and Sandra also found a video from 1987..good times :)! It was neat because that is before I was in that family, and I got to see things that I may have missed out on forever, like seeing Grandpa Rockwood. Also, Caitlynn decided that she would talk the entire hour there, and the entire hour home, and this caused my mom and Lance to get into a fight because Lance was irritated.

Yesterday was mostly a lazy day. We played some games, and then came home, and Trevor had to go back to work. He didn't want to go back at all, much like it was hard for me to come back today.

1 comment: