Monday, May 18, 2009

Welcome to Our Life!

As the 8th anniversary of our family looms over us, we are reflecting on the things that have happened to us, both good and bad. We have had a lot of good times, and a lot of crazy times, and a lot of bad times.

I am not going to take all the time in the world to relive all the times now, but start to document the times in the future.

This weekend was fun! We were planning a Friday night at home watching the series finale of Prison Break, but the power went out! In true "adventurer" style, we went to Walmart to get flashlights, and went home and sent the kids on a "camp out" in their room. We just sat there until the power came back on after that. I talked to Katie on MSN from my phone and read my book, but the whole time, Trevor was trying to talk to me. The power came back on around 11:30-11:45 and we watched what recorded of Prison Break before the power went off, then I went to sleep while Trevor spent the rest of the night watching movies and plotting out the great fishing adventure he wanted to go on Saturday.

Saturday morning, we were going to clean our house, but Trevor woke me up and said that he was ready to go up to Clinton so that he and Andruw could go fishing. We drove up to my mom's and while Trevor and Lance finished constructing the awesome new swingset, Caitlynn and Andruw played in the water, and my mom and I went to Walmart to get a present for the neighbor boy that was having a birthday party later that afternoon. After the party, Caitlynn and I went to Tremonton to spend time with my dad, and then to go to Katie's going away party at Pizza Plus. It was fun for us to have "girl" time, and we had too much to eat! Trevor fell asleep and Andruw played video games, so there was no fishing trip, but no one seems to worried about that.

The rest of the weekend was spent playing cards with the parents, but isn't almost every weekend? We came home last night and I got a little laundry and cleaning done, but it looks like the rest is left for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment