Thursday, December 15, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

Decorating for Christmas is important to me. This year we spent a little time and really did up the living room... or at least that is what we want you to think!

It started with the tree. We love our prelit, easy to put together tree. We don't have to think too much about it and it is beautiful. With daycare kids here it has probably been redecorated 30 times in the last 2 weeks. Also, we have had 10 ornaments or so get broken. Luckily I have a hot glue gun and could fix most of them.

Next I decided to decorate the entertainment center with some bows and ribbon that we had from when we lived at my mom's that we put on the stairs. It looks really nice where it is at though, and adds a touch of festivity to the house.

Well, we had some left over strands of light that are not the same color as what we used outside.. so Trevor decided he would hang them in the window and see how long I would leave them like that... I am still going strong!! Would you leave it?About a week later, my creative juices were a working away in my mind, a way to use the old ball ornaments that Trevor doesn't like too much.. well, there is that shadow box.. and fishing line.. and I need to hang the stockings somewhere anyway right?? Well here is what I came up with...

And finally, after the shadow box with the balls, I remembered that I had some more little cubes that I could hang on the walls to decorate with.. and just leave up after Christmas.. so here they are with some fun little ornaments from Trevor's childhood and a decoration that I like too much to leave where kids can get it...


We are all ready for Santa to come to our house to help us celebrate Christ's birthday. Next year I would like to find a Nativity scene for a small amount of money and put that in my shadow box instead of the balls.... goals for the future ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment